Wednesday 12 February 2020

arcgis desktop - Symbolizing layer with graduated colors by date/time field?


I've got a layer of polygons where each has a date associated with it. I want to color the polygons with graduated colors, but I want the colors to start with the newest polygons and fade to the oldest polygons. So far I haven't been able to find a way to do this in ArcMap (<= 9.3.1) other than to create a new field and calculate some integer or float value based on the date. Is it possible to use a date or time field directly?



  • The data is natively a date-time value

  • There are far too many records to use any unique-value renderer

  • Converting the date to a numerical field is an answer for a different question.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...