Tuesday 17 September 2019

Rotating Features in ArcGIS for Desktop using ArcPy?



I have a series of polygons that I want to rotate.


Each polygon has a rotate angle and an anchor point (xy coordinate) stored as field values.


As it happens, all anchor points are on a vertex of the polygon.


What is the best way to do this using ArcGIS for Desktop and ArcPy?


I know we can rotate them when in editing mode, but I don't want to do them all manually since they are all different.


I would prefer a Python answer so I can automate it and build it into my work flow.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...