Saturday 14 September 2019

mbtiles - Local Tile Cache in QGIS


I was wondering if there is a way to load a local tile cache (ie: MB Tiles etc.) of imagery that is sitting locally into QGIS? I am hoping to use some tablets for field verification and would like to have ortho imagery to assist with the verification. Where I will be doing the field work I will not have wifi or cell coverage, so I will need local connections. I am hoping to use tiles over source imagery to minimize the large storage requirements needed for the orthos, and to increase the performance on a tablet.


Thanks...




Answer



Not quiet a Tile Cache, but I use my self-rendered Openstreetmap tiles, as well as tiled versions of german and dutch topo maps with the openlayers plugin in QGIS.


To serve the tiles, I have set up a local apache server, and modified the preset urls in the plugin to http://localhost/path/to/tile/folders/...


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...