Friday 27 September 2019

Filling gaps between polygons using QGIS?



Here are my polygons of town blocks.


enter image description here


The colored towns are considered as areas where they have the same post code.


What I eventually want is to make seamless polygons where there are no gaps between polygons (please see the screenshot below)


enter image description here


What functions should I use to complete my mission?



Answer



@Pil Kwon, since you have the "same post-code", therefore in QGIS I can suggest:



Vector > Geoprocessing Tools > Convex Hull




Hint: Create convex hulls based on a field.




References:



No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...