Sunday 15 September 2019

geometry - Free 3rd party library for showing geospatial vector information



Up to now, I have used GDAL to extract raster data from geotiffs and then, OpenGL to show that raster data.
But when it comes to extract vector data with the help of OGR, what library would you suggest to show these vector data in visual-studio picture controls that is more appropriate than OpenGL?




I've found out from your comments that you have thought I'm searching for a way to read vector data. This is the subject of my another question. Here, I'm just asking suppose that we have extracted all the geometries. Which environment is the best to show these geometries?



Answer



If this is to be used for MS Windows only, check out MapWinGIS, which is a free and open source C++ based GIS programming ActiveX Control. It is also used for MapWindow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...