Sunday 15 September 2019

convert - Converting las files from version 1.2 to 1.3


I have lidar data set which initial waveform data is in LAS 1.3. The classified point cloud needs to be delivered in the same version, but my processing software (TerraSolid V15) allows me to write point cloud only in LAS 1.2.


I am afraid processing LAS 1.3 to LAS 1.2 may lose the information of returns greater than 5 (possible returns 6 and 7). Will this make any big difference in the final output? And is there any software/tool that can save LAS 1.2 to LAS 1.3.


It may sound silly, but will it make sense processing LAS 1.3 in LAS 1.2 and then change it back to 1.3 again?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...