Saturday 20 July 2019

postgis - Alternatives to Offline Editing Plugin of QGIS?



I am looking for a way to edit my postgis layers offline (in field) using a Microsft Surface Tablet.


I have been testing the "Offline Editing Plugin" unsuccessfully. These are the issues I have experienced:



  • It does not work with WFS layers. When I try to convert the layer to offline QGIS crashes.

  • It does not work with MULTIGEOMETRIES


  • I get some warnings saying that it does not understand QDate fields (normal date fields in postgis).


Despite all these issues, I tried to use the plugin with a layer loaded directly from postgis and with a single geometries (No MULTIGEOMETRY). It turns the database offline Ok, I edit some features, but when I click on Sync data, the data is not updated in the database. Nothing happens in the database.


Due to this, I have discarded to use this plugin. Do you know any other software, architecture or whatever that could have a similar functionality, but working?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...