Sunday 28 July 2019

Needing ArcGIS Server to edit MS SQL Server database?


Here is what I have:


ArcGIS Desktop Advanced (10.2) & MS SQL Server 2008 R2


Here is my problem:


I need to be able to connect to the ms sql server and import, export, create, and edit spatial data. I can connect to my database and export features to it using the "Feature Class to Geodatabase" tool but can't edit the data once bringing it back into an ArcMap session. I have tried using the "Create Enterprise Geodatabase" tool available with the advanced desktop license but it asks for an Authorization File (for ArcGIS for Server I assume) that I don't have. I have looked at prices for ArcGIS for Server and it is not feasible option.


Are there alternatives to achieve what I need to using what I currently have licenses for?


Where does arcSDE fit into this?





No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...