Saturday 27 July 2019

animation - Animating objects on canvas to change color by delay using PyQGIS?


On my map canvas I have various point objects spread through several layers. My plan is to 'animate' those objects by a loop from start to a predefined resolution.


By now I'm just testing the algorithm with the vertical positions of the existing objects and an exportCanvas function which saves the canvas as a single image for each step.


Because this method isn't very handy I want to have the output of the loop directly to the canvas - delayed by e.g. 0.5 seconds per step.


result to be
Above is an example of the merged jpg-files to a gif


The problem is that my loop doesn't work very well at all and freezes my QGIS for the whole process time (+delay).
I know that I need some kind of hyperthreading or callback from QGIS to my plugin but at this point I have no clue how to transfer this idea to useful code


Down below: the code so far



# Animation: Button clicked
def btnAnimationClicked(self):
rate = 24

# Werte zum Färben der xyz
for i in range(0,rate,1):
self.caller(i, self.callback)

# Animation: Caller
def caller(self, val, func):

func(val)

# Animation: Callback
def callback(self, i):
yhi = 5699049523 + 400000
ylo = 5696625163
delta = yhi - ylo
rate = 24
ste = delta / rate


ubound = ylo + (ste * (i+1))
lbound = ylo + (ste * i)

values = (
('hi', ubound + 1, yhi, 'red'),
('is', lbound, ubound, 'green'),
('lo', ylo, lbound - 1, 'yellow'),
)
# HaKasten abgestuft färben
for layer in QgsMapLayerRegistry.instance().mapLayers().values():

if layer.name()[0:9] == "xyz_______":
ranges = []
for label, lower, upper, color in values:
symbol = QgsSymbolV2.defaultSymbol(layer.geometryType())
symbol.setColor(QColor(color))
rng = QgsRendererRangeV2(lower, upper, symbol, label)
ranges.append(rng)
attribut = 'y'
renderer = QgsGraduatedSymbolRendererV2(attribut, ranges)
layer.setRendererV2(renderer)

for layer in qgis.utils.iface.mapCanvas().layers():
layer.triggerRepaint()
#time.sleep(0.5) # optional
self.exportCanvas()


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...