Thursday 18 July 2019

carto - Text codes keep coming in as numbers, stripping out leading zeros


I'm trying to merge census tract data with a census tract shapefile in CartoDB.


Despite saving the tract ID codes as text/string in both .csv and .xlsx (including reimporting the .csv as text into Excel and resaving) formats, CartoDB keeps stripping out the leading zeros and treating the IDs as numbers when I import the files.



When I convert it back to a string in CartoDB doesn't put the leading zeros back in.


This is the only column the two datasets have in common, unlike some other county data I've worked with where I can merge on the Name of the polygon.


Any other ideas?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...