Thursday 18 July 2019

arcgis desktop - Calculating the distance between points and multiple lines?


I have a point shapefile of about 100 points and a polyline shapefile of about 200 lines and I am interested in finding the distance between every point and each individual polyline. My polyline shapefile represents individual fault lines in a region. So for each polyline (or fault line) I want to calculate the distance to each of my points. I know that I can calculate the distance between the points and the closest polyline to each point but I'm not sure how to go about calculating the distance between my points and each individual line. Any ideas?





No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...