Monday 1 April 2019

print composer - QGIS printing shift on WGS 84 Pseudo Mercator base?


I've had this problem before but I'm not succeeding in fixing it using what I thought worked before. This has been brought up as an issue previously, but I'm stuck when I apply the previous answers. There must be numerous people doing the same thing.


I am running QGIS 2.8.2 on Mac OS X (10.10 Yosemite) with OpenLayers 1.3.6



  • I start off a new project by using the OpenLayers plugin to connect to Google or Bing Maps.

  • I confirm or set the project projection to EPSG3857 for WGS 84 Pseudo Mercator.

  • Then I add a layer in a different project (happens to be IRENET95).


  • Zoom to the new layer and everything fits very nicely on the screen.

  • Open a new Print Composer and add a map. Things look good on the screen still.

  • Export as a pdf or image and the image base seems to have shifted.


Am I missing something simple or obvious here? In case this is not all clear I've attached two images below. The first is the screen (of Print Composer) and the second is the exported file.


Part of the QGIS map window with everything fitting


Part of an image exported from Print Composer




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...