Sunday 28 April 2019

polygon - Wrong $area from field calculator (QGIS)


The area of the polygons in a layer, calculated by the field calculator with "$area" is wrong (much too big) for some polygons. If I draw the concerned polygon again, the area is calculated correctly. It looks like the polygons really have a wrong size, but the centroids are calculated correctly.


edit: Thanks for your replies so far. Here is an example with some polygons. For some, the area is calculated right, for some not (as I said much too big). For example the polygon with the ID 669. If I redraw it, the area is calculated right. The problem is, I have >1400 polygons, and I don't have the time to check and redraw every single one.


Maybe someone got an explanation/solution?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...