Friday 19 April 2019

qgis - Old question without answer: R.Neighbors with large neighborhoods?


I'm working on the same theme as User 32882, and I'm new here. I have the same problem, and update his question with more details.


Old question: "I'm running into problems running the r.neighbors GRASS command in QGIS. Although it will run for small neighborhoods as soon as I increase my neighborhood above a certain number it becomes unbearably slow. I don't understand why Focal Statistics on Arcmap will do this in the blink of an eye while R.Neighbors takes ages?" Link of Old question: R.Neighbors with large neighborhoods?


Details: We are exploring a circular neighborood of ~200 pixels. And trying to compute Maximum or Minimum statistics. Moreover, Maximum computation seems ok, but Minimum often presents 0 results. Why is so slow in QGis? What can I do to make it run faster?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...