Saturday 20 April 2019

Disable QGis Tips Panel when application start


I am trying to disable the QGIS Tips Panel with config files. I use QGIS Lyon. - QGIS2.ini - And a custom file define with the parameter --customizationfile


enter image description here


I know the user can click on "I've had enough tips, don't show this on start up any more!" and he never see this window again. But I would like this Panel never show (even the first time).


I start QGIS with this command


qgis.bat --configpath 'C:\gis' --optionspath 'C:\gis' --customizationfile 'C:\gis\QGISCONFIG.ini' --lang en_US

Maybe with a plugin ?




Answer



This can be configured in the config file (~/.config/QGIS/QGSI2.conf on Ubuntu). I have an entry showTips=false at the beginning of the [Qgis] section (line 171 in my case). You should find a way to edit this file before launching qgis.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...