Monday 29 April 2019

polygon - Convert shapefile to CSV including attributes AND geometry?


I have a shapefile with 60k+ entries, all of which are polygons with corresponding attributes (acreage totals, landowner names, tax ID #s, etc.). What I ultimately need is a CSV file with all of these attributes and their corresponding geometry (in the KML compatible xyz format, that is, NOT the WKT format).


I know that I can open the .dbf file in Excel and get the attributes. I also know that I can open the shapefile in QGIS and copy the data into Excel, which gets me attributes and WKT geometry.


Is there a simple way to convert the shapefile to CSV (openable in Excel) with attribute and Google Earth friendly geometry?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...