Monday 15 April 2019

qgis - Reprojecting Natural Earth dataset to World Eckert I


My question is connected with QGIS 2. Could anybody explain me how I ought to reproject the Natural Earth dataset there in order my world map to look correctly? When I strive to reproject these data I get the result that you can see on the image below.


I was using the next parameters for my projection:


+proj=eck1 +lon_0=120 +x_0=0 +y_0=0 +ellps=WGS84 +towgs84=0,0,0,0,0,0,0 +units=m +no_defs

That is a modified "World Eckert I" projection.


Figure 1. Natural Earth dataset after reprojecting




Answer



You have to split up your world at 60° West (or better between -60.1° and -59.9° East) to avoid those artefacts of polygon filling, if you center at 120° East.




  • Change project CRS to EPSG:4326




  • Create a text file with the following content:






 Nr;WKT
1;POLYGON((-60.1 100, -59.9 100, -59.9 -100, -60.1 -100, -60.1 100))



  • Import it as delimited text with semicolon as delimiter and EPSG:4326 as CRS




  • Perform Vector -> Geoprocessing -> Difference on the ne_10m_land to a new shapefile





  • Remove the ne_10m_land and the polygon around -60° layers from the canvas




  • change project CRS to Eckert I




And your map will look like this:


enter image description here



No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...