Thursday 24 January 2019

sql - Selection subquery using another table in database ArcGIS


I need to 'extract' a list of variables based on the IDs from another table. Using a subquery seems to be the best method. I have a large list of variables and have outside calculated a second list. This second list does not have coordinate data attached to it, so I need to select the same values in the original list to pull the data out. The shapefile and table are both in the catalog.


I try to do a simple select by attribute. It gives me the



SELECT * FROM US_Maize_All WHERE: "pointid" = (SELECT "pointid" FROM Maize_Table)

but this only gives me a SQL expression error. The "pointid" parameters are selected from the option box. As far as I can tell this is the exact format as any other info I can find online. Has to be something I'm overlooking why this will not work.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...