Wednesday 16 January 2019

qgis - How to clip an Openlayers OSM Background to a Vector Boundary?


I'm new to QGIS. In my project i have two layers: one is my vector (city boundaries) and the other is the OSM (obtained with the plugin). How can I cut the OSM along the edges of the vector? I want to obtain only a region of the map, to save it as an image.



Answer



This way it works:





  1. unselect your vector data, to show only the Openstreetmap background




  2. File -> Save as Image




  3. Load the image as raster, set EPSG:3857 as CRS





  4. Delete the Openstreetmap background layer




  5. Raster -> Projection -> Reproject, choosing EPSG:3857 as source CRS and the CRS of the vector data as target CRS, saving as Geotiff under a different name, adding that to the canvas




  6. Remove the image loaded in step 3




  7. Raster -> Extraction -> Clipper check Mask layer with the vector data, and add the result to the canvas





  8. Remove the unclipped raster layer from step 5






EDIT


If you want the clipping for all zoom levels, see my answer here:


How do I clip OSM basemap with a polygon?


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...