Tuesday 22 January 2019

arcgis desktop - Can labels for overlapping points be combined/merged into one label?


I have points representing sample locations. Often, multiple samples will be taken in the same location: multiple points with the same location but different sample IDs and other attributes. I'd like to label all points which are co-located with a single label, with stacked text listing all the sample IDs of all the points in that spot.


Is this possible in ArcGIS using either the regular labeling engine or Maplex? I know I could work around this by creating a new layer with all the sample IDs for each location in one attribute value but I'd like to avoid creating new data just for labeling.


Basically I want to go from this:


enter image description here



To this (for the topmost point):


enter image description here


Without doing any manual editing of the labels.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...