Tuesday 21 August 2018

Representing overlapping lines in ArcGIS Desktop?



I have lots of lines (in one feature class) which share the same location but I want to represent them as lines that are next to each other because they have different properties (different OWNERS).


So, my first try was transforming them in "Cartographic Line Symbol' -> 'Line Properties' set my offset different for each one. Which is fine except:


enter image description here


As you can see when I choose to represent the lines according to their owner (color= owner). The offset works great, but I need all the lines to be connected and sink in a junction. Something like this:


enter image description here


So I tought the solution is to create a representation, but not sure how to use a text field (OWNERS) in order to create those parallel lines (the equivalent of Symbology->Categories-> Unique Values-> Value field: OWNER). I know I should use the offset geometric effect. but I'm not sure if this is the solution and how should I do that.



I am using ArcGIS Desktop 10.1.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...