Monday 20 August 2018

oracle dbms - Geoserver: WMS layer is shifted at certain zoom scales in openlayers



We use geoserver to serve WMS tiles inside a openlayers environment. The weird thing I see is that, in our production environment, depending on the scale, data is shifted (translated) against the OSM/Google/Bing background.


See following screenshot, here you can see the pipelines positioned correctly on the plant site:


correctly positioned


Now if I zoom out, I get the following view:


incorrect position


obviously wrong. I am a bit puzzled as to what could cause this.


I develop on a mac, using geoserver 2.6.3 and (unfortunately) Oracle database backend. On my mac I do no have this problem at all. So it is imho not related to my OpenLayers/javascript code.


Our production environment is a Windows 2012R2 server, with Oracle 11g2. I first ran Geoserver 2.6.3, just upgraded to 2.7.1, hoping that would remove the problem (but it did not --a lot faster though, which is nice).


I read on the geoserver site that Windows+oracle is an obscure platform, but I am kind of hoping somebody could think of something to look at that could cause this?


Things I tried/verified:




  • the data is the same on both platforms

  • the data is stored in SRS-ID 3035, and thus transformed to 900913

  • the cache is empty (originally the srs-id was incorrectly deduced from the table)

  • used the same browser

  • I checked the featuretype.xml on both platforms and it looked identical


At the moment I am bit stuck, my guess it is the combination of oracle and windows that causes this error? We use postgis+geoserver 2.3 on windows for another client without issues.


But I have no idea where to look for a probable cause, and eventually, hopefully a fix.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...