Saturday 25 August 2018

postgresql - Running Gevel on PostGIS 2.0


I have found Gevel, a tool enabling the visualization of the content of the GiST indices in Postgres. In particular, I am interested to use it to visualize the RTree spatial index in PostGIS. Does it work with Postgres 2.0? Is there a simple way (not compiling from source) to get it to run (e.g., with postgis.app on Mac OSX?) Apparently, Gevel and the rtree-gist modules should now be part of the default Postgres distro as per the readme, but I cannot find any way to enable these.


EDIT: Following on from comments, if I have to build from source, do I have to build while building Postgis, or can I add gevel later.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...