Monday 20 August 2018

Calculate the area covered by a pixel in Google Earth Engine?


I am doing a project on calculating the growth of urban areas in different cities located in different parts of India.


I have been able to classify the area into urban, vegetation and water.


I cannot calculate the area covered by each pixel. I searched on Google and the available methods use band values, what I need is to find the area covered by urban/water/vegetation based on spectral end-member values that are been defined.



If anyone has the idea on how to perform it please share and if possible suggest an idea to export it into a graph.


Here is a link to the script:


https://code.earthengine.google.com/d5e7c1435a160524404878c6e2110bda


EDIT: my aim to find the growth of an urban area or loss of vegetation in a region over the years. The urban area is indicated in red colour when you run the script.


I am finding how much area is covered by urban area so that I could measure the growth of the region.


I'm fairly new to Earth Engine.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...