Friday 31 August 2018

python - How to render area that crosses 180°?



The problem is that the Chukotka Peninsula is located in the Western Hemisphere. So it is on the left side of Natural Earth Datasets. It needs to be moved to the right. I tried to use following srs(Coordinate system in which the map is rendered) - centered on 11°E :


+proj=mill +lat_0=0 +lon_0=11 +x_0=0 +y_0=0 +R_A +a=6371000 +b=6371000 +units=m +no_defs

And get this result (notice horizontal straight lines):


world


Obviously I did something wrong.


This is similar unanswered question: http://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/mapnik-users/2009-January/001497.html


I have tried some actions from there as well.


How can I get the world to wrap around a different meridian?


Do I need to process the data through org2org or something?





More images with +lon_0=+-15 :


world1 world2


Images from linked question from mailing list :


world3 world4


What's the problem with this pictures? How do I make it right?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...