Friday 23 March 2018

Why does the QGIS Server WMS layer not load in QGIS Desktop?


I have created a .QGS file with one PostGIS layer which is the alaska.shp file that comes from the samples. It was loaded via the shp2pgsql utility. When looking at my qgs project referencing the postgis layer, I see the alaska shape, everything appears good.


Then I copy my .QGS file to my cgi-bin directory (along with the qgis_mapserve.fcgi file) to set up my WMS. Then I create a new project in Quantum GIS (1.7.2) and add WMS layer. I connect to my WMS and select the layer I want to import...so far so good. But after I add the WMS layer to my new QGIS project, I see nothing. The layer is checked "on" to render, and "render" is checked in the bottom right of Quantum GIS.


Is there some way to tell if I have something set up wrong?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...