Friday 23 March 2018

Parsing for numeric and character wildcards in a QGIS query


In an attribute table with a land use shapefile in my QGIS project there are complex combinations of numeric and alphabetic character. I wish to filter for a simple combination of numeric wildcards and particular character combinations


A(35FDP_25MTR_15PST_10SDNze_10ARR_05VAP)


I want to filter the first set of codes 35FDP starting with A( including ddFDP for instance. I want to do the same for the second set of codes 15PST later.


My aim is to put the dd and FCP into two separate fields.


Any suggestions on how to use wildcards to parse these field number and text character combinations to set up new fields. It may take a number of goes to fill the new fields with numbers or text using different combinations of query filters.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...