Saturday 31 March 2018

postgis - How can I convert SRTEXT to PROJ4TEXT with QGIS


I have a SRTEXT like this: GEOGCS["My Data",DATUM["Not specified (.....



I want to get PROJ4TEXT of this STREXT.


Can I get it from QGIS. Because I want to insert it in Postgresql SPATIAL_REF_SYS table. (or I need PROJ4TEXT data to use this projection)



Answer



You can write the text (which is called WKT) into a text file mycrs.prj , and run gdalsrsinfo on that. Running in the OSGE4W (or Linux/MAC) shell


gdalsrsinfo mycrs.prj >out.txt

should report the proj4 string and the WKT definition for postgis.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...