Monday 26 March 2018

qgis - How to find the id of the last added feature using pyQGIS?


Is it possible to programmatically (in python) access the attribute info of the last added feature in QGIS 2.0 before edits are saved? I'm failing to find a way to get the ID and subsequently other attributes of my feature of interest (the one most recently added).


idx = layer.fieldNameIndex('myField')
myList = []
lastEdited = ID THAT I'D LIKE TO RETRIEVE
for feature in layer.getFeatures():
if feature.id() == lastEdited:
print feature.attributes()[idx]

From this I'd like to get 'myField' of my most recent addition.



UPDATE: Following lead of this thread, I was able to achieve my goals via the Python console, but am failing to get it to work for my plugin.


def updateTableWidget(self, fid):
idx = layer.fieldNameIndex('myField')
myList = []
for feature in layer.getFeatures():
if feature.id() == fid:
myList.append(feature.attributes()[idx])

Via the python console, I was able to connect to my layer like so:


layer.featureAdded.connect(updateTableWidget)


After adding a QgsMessageLog to my function, the attributes were correctly identified. I now have a beginner python issue, however. Calling the function in my plugin as shown below gives me TypeError: updateTableWidget() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given):


self.updateTableWidget()

The function was called from feature form python file.



Answer



To get the last added feature in QGIS I used the event AddedFeat:


self.connect(self.iface,SIGNAL("currentLayerChanged(QgsMapLayer *)") ,self.ChangedTarget) # in setup
self.connect(layer,SIGNAL("featureAdded(int)"),self.AddedFeat) # from the ChangedTarget


def AddedFeat(self,id):
# added feature by id.
feat = QgsFeature()
self.prelayer.featureAtId(id,feat)

This event has to be connected to the active layer so the connect/disconnect occurs in the ChangedTarget(self,layer): event.


This returns the feature as it is created, it wont have attributes yet but you can extract them based on a button click or other event qgsVectorLayer::committedAttributeValuesChange looks promising.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...