Monday 26 March 2018

Creating Polygons Based on Point Count in ArcGIS for Desktop?


I am looking to create polygons based on a point count, and hopefully find a way to automate this too. My example is, I have 1,000 points in my city boundary and I want to create polygons over the area of 100 people in the city boundary. So my result would be 10 polygons each covering a 100 people and not overlapping. I am using ArcGIS Desktop 10.3 with an Advanced level license.


I couldn't find the answer online.


I would want to automate this too so I could do this multiple times as the population grows.


I don't want to go by distance I want to go by point count alone.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...