Sunday 25 March 2018

Creating grid to divide large map into smaller sections using ArcGIS for Desktop?


I have a map of small remnants of forest along creeks for an entire county in California. I need to divide the whole map into equal sections so I can print it so you can actually see the sections of forest. I'd like a map with a grid which I can look at, and then look at a zoomed in map of (for example) section A1.


I've tried the Grids and Graticules wizard, which gives me a grid for the map, but when I zoom, the grid remains the same. I want the grid sections to be georeferenced with the map, so when I zoom in, the grid zooms also.



I'm using ArcMap 10.1.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...