Wednesday 21 December 2016

spatial statistics - ggmap, ggimage… - Saving and loading maps in R


In my current R project I'm using the ggmap package to download and display maps. What bothers me is that you need internet access to load maps from google etc. I'd like to load a map from the internet and save it so I can work offline as well. An ideal solution should minimize the amount of code between get_map() (or a related command) and using the saved map within ggmap() (or a related command).


I know already that get_map() has a filename attribute to save maps as an image, and I also know the ggimage() method (I've never actually worked with it, though.) Is there a simple way save such a map, or are these two the best tools I have, and if so, how do you use them effectively?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...