Tuesday 20 December 2016

How to avoid "Handle bad layers" message when using QGIS Flowmapper plugin?


In QGIS, if I close a project and try to open it a few days later I often get a message that says "Handle bad layers". This is very frustrating because when I open the project various layers will have been deleted. This has happened to me while using the QGIS flowmapper plugin in particular.



What does this message mean? And how do I avoid this in the future?


Handle bad layers



Answer



I do not have any idea about "Handle bad layers" error but underdark had already explained that.


Regarding QGIS FlowMapper plugin v0.4, flowmapper may crash when "differentiate nodes by flow gain/loose" box is checked in graduated width point symbology mode. In this mode plugin adds red(flow loose)/green(flow gain) dots on graduated width circles(amount of total flow) as grouped point layers. When user removes this group, QGIS may crash.


A quick solution will be adding them separately. I am aware of this and will fix it in the next minor release v0.4.1


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...