Friday 23 December 2016

How to uniquely define a shortened address? (geocoding)



I've searched for existing concepts to define shortened addresses, but didn't find anything yet that fits my needs.


For an example, I have to define object locations for say desks, where desks are numbered D1..Dn for each floor within a building. I need to geocode and reverse-geocode all such objects.


I could of course carry the whole address for all objects, including street, city, etc. But this is a quite verbose. I'd rather use a shortened unique address identifier.


What concepts of shortened address identifiers do you know, and what are their advantages and disadvantages?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...