Friday 23 December 2016

arcgis desktop - Labelling an axis in ArcScene?



Can anyone help me label z layers (years in my case) along z-axis shown in image please? The Year labels that appear now on this image is just my text added onto the screenshot just to show what I am wishing to achieve.


Labels are shown in ArcScene in this youtube video


enter image description here



Answer



Turn on the 3D Graphics toolbar, adjust some of the default text graphics properties before you add a label so that it is added large enough to see/find.


enter image description here


Select the 3D Text tool


enter image description here


Use the 3D Text tool to click on the feature you want to label, and type in the label you wish to display. Adjust the label properties for orientation and size.


I've created a quick 3D layer to demonstrate the result:



enter image description here


This 3D Text will rotate with your scene as it does in the linked video. Unless the scene is using a third-party add-in for labels, I believe this is the only way to do it in ArcScene.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...