Friday 23 December 2016

arcgis 10.0 - Delete SDE feature class features with ArcPy


I'm working on a script that will empty my SDE database of all data. How would I go about deleting features from feature classes using ArcPy?


I have an SDE connection created with a user that should have delete privileges. So far I've tried using the arcpy.DeleteFeatures_management from code and from the Delete Features toolbox in data management.



My DB has SDE feature datasets with SDE feature classes inside.


The Delete Features tool box errors out with:



ERROR 000732: Input Features: "Dataset Database Connections\Connection to sde.sde\User.MyFeatureDataset\User.MyFeatureClass" does not exist or is not supported.



The documentation is not really helping me. http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#//001700000036000000




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...