Wednesday 22 July 2015

Is there a source for free CSV files with geo data and other desired fields?



I'm writing some software components that process geospatial data. The input data is a CSV with general columns (e.g. name) and geo columns (e.g. city, lat or zip). I would like to test these components with some thousands of points.


Is there an online source that generates free csv files with geo data, according to a list of desired fields?


For example, I would like to have 1,000 points in North America, each with lat, lon, city, zip and state. Or 5,000 points in Europe, each with lat and lon.



I will probably build it myself from free data sources if it doesn't exist, but using an existing source would save lots of time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...