Sunday 19 July 2015

arcgis desktop - Clip Raster to Polygon Grid?


I have a polygon grid file and want to clip my raster imagery to the shapes outlined by it. I am using arcmap and was wondering if there was a tool directly for this? I would like to also be able to name each resulting raster for the polygon feature it was clipped to.



Answer



I would use model builder for this. Use the feature iterator to cycle through each polygon and feed that into the clip raster tool. You would use in-line variable substitution to pass the polygon ID or unique name you used in the iterator to the output name of your new clipped raster.


Here is the model:


Model


If you don't know anything about model builder, time to read the Help file!


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...