Friday 31 July 2015

arcgis 10.0 - Looking for a Tool to Calculate Distance Between Points (Between Layers)


I am a college student using ArcEditor 10.0 for a semester project measuring distance to hospitals from census tract centroids. This is my first time using ArcGIS, and I have no formal training. So this question may be very simple, but is it possible to calculate distance between two different types of points between two layers? In one layer I have a shapefile for census tracts and I've calculated the centroids. In the other layer I have geocoded hospital addresses. I would like to calculate distance from each census tract centroid to the nearest hospital. Is there a tool in Arc Toolbox that will do this/could you give a brief overview of the tool?



Thank you!




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...