Sunday 26 July 2015

Can QGIS 2.8 load WMTS layers?


I'm having a bit of an issue loading a WMTS into QGIS 2.8. The application can connect to the WMTS, correctly identify the layers that are available and load the layer into the layer pane. However, nothing draws. It seems to try to load something, but nothing appears on the mapping screen.


It is replicable using the following WMTS:


http://opencache.statkart.no/gatekeeper/gk/gk.open_wmts?Version=1.0.0&service=wmts&request=getcapabilities


I'll log a bug if need be, but wanted to see if anyone had a workaround or had found this as an issue already.



Answer



I have tried your WMTS in QGIS 2.8.1 (64-bit install on Win8.1) and for me it loads without problems. The layers load within 30 seconds. When using zoom to layer, the layers are however only showing as small object in the middle of the screen. They are not zoomed to the full extend of the map viewer. When zooming further in manually the layers show up on the map just fine.



I have tried the layers:



  • kartdata2

  • Arcticerm

  • egk (Europeiske grunnkart)


(I would have preferred to just make a comment, but I do not have enough reputation points for that yet.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...