Thursday 23 July 2015

Creating fine interval contour layer from DEM using QGIS?


I would like to create 20 meter contours for a large region, roughly 120,000 square kilometers. DEM data is available as TIFF or CSV throughout this region at 0.75 arc second resolution.


What tools should I use to create a coverage of 20 meter contours throughout this region? I am concerned that large file sizes will present a problem.


I have tried using the contour tool (Raster>Extraction>Contour). As well as the Contour Plugin which uses DEM point data as an input. I am running into trouble with large file sizes.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...