Saturday 30 May 2015

Tile server overlay in Google Earth?


I have recently become aware of a number of tile-server map sources and I would like to use these as overlays in Google Earth. Is there a way to do this directly that does not involve pre-downloading the tile data and converting it into a Super Overlay?



For example here is a tile server URL for a resource I wish to overlay:


https://gis1.usgs.gov/arcgis/rest/services/gap/PADUS_Owner/MapServer/tile/{$z}/{$y}/{$x}



  • I know there is already a KML overlay for this resource; I am using it as a generic example.




  • I am using the now-free Google Earth Pro if this makes a difference.





(This seems like a question that would have been asked before but I could not find a duplicate.)




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...