Thursday 28 May 2015

arcgis desktop - Copy protection via license file for ModelBuilder models?


I've build a large model in the ArcGIS ModelBuilder and I want to share this toolbox with some other people BUT I don´t want to lose control over it. The first step was to set a password to my script, but this only protects the script not the functionality. If someone have my toolbox, he could use it when and where he wants and share it with others like he wants. That's not the way I want it.


Is there a way to build something like my own license file? My idea was to use python (or any other option) at the beginning of the model to check if there is an license file on my Gdrive account, something like an *.txt or *.html. The model only should work, if this file was found (I´ve done that on a local machine - and it works - but not with using the cloud).




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...