Saturday 23 May 2015

Add PostGIS spatial functions to a custom schema other than "public" in PostgreSQL


Recently, I created a PostGIS 2.0.3 database on a PostgreSQL 9.1 database server using pgAdmin. The "PostGIS" extension was found installed in "Extensions". Al spatial functions were added to the "public" schema. That's fine.


Now I want to store all my data into a new scheme called "gc". However, how can I make all spatial function installed in that "gc" schema? There is no single function in the schema. However, when I tried to import/new a feature class from ESRI ArcCatalog 10.1 to this schema, it worked! The feature class could be imported and displayed in QGIS.


Could anyone give me any tip or idea about it?


I am new to PostgreSQL and PostGIS.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...