Friday 22 May 2015

Field calculatur in ArcMap 10: How to specify field row?


I'm new to arcmap, so I'm not entirely sure about terminology which is probably why I can't seem to find the answer to this seemingly trivial question.


In the attribute table I want to be able to create a new field which takes the value from another field and adds the value from the previous row to it. My idea was simply to make a some kind of a for loop but to do that it seems I need to be able to specify a row number of a field, and I don't know how to do that.



Any help would be appreciated, ranging from a better solution to the answer to this specific question :).




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...