Monday 18 May 2015

pgrouting - Web-based user editable routing application



I am totally new to web-based GIS (and open source GIS) and am now working on a web-based travel planner using Postgis and Pgrouting with multicriteria costs. I want the end users (the traveler) to be able to decide the cost for different road links.


So I need a web-map service which has vector road links that will be possible to click and edit for logged in users. The edits will then be saved to the postgis database, and the average cost be updated.


Any recommendations for solutions to this? Is Geoserver a good way to go? Mapfish? Is this a tricky thing or easily done (I am not a programmer or system developer, but willing to learn, though)?


I´d really appreciate any tips and help with this



Answer



I'm developing an application much like this one. I'm using Django + GeoDjango, with PostGIS and pgRouting..


The deal is that it's much bigger than just connecting a WFS-T service to a published layer.


If I were you, start with simple: learn PostGIS basics and pgRouting basics. These will help you develop a much better application on the long run.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...