Friday 22 May 2015

rest - Geoserver Configuration Reload


Not quite sure if I should even be doing this. What I am wanting is I will be dynamically generating my SLD file and it looks like when you update the SLD in the geoserver admin it does a reload. So I tried to do a reload using the rest API and curl and it does not appear to work.
Here is my Curl command:



curl -uadmin:password-XPOST http://localhost:8080/geoserver/rest/reload

If there is another way to clear everything so my SLD reloads that'd be awesome as well. Just needing to get this working and am not sure why it isn't.



Answer



How often are you doing this? For dynamic SLD files it is usually easier to send the SLD as part of the WMS request (i.e. use SLD not STYLES parameter) rather than changing the file on the server.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...