Sunday 17 May 2015

Extracting Raster Values by Polyline End Points using ArcGIS Desktop?


I am looking for a way to extract elevations of end points for line data in ArcMap 10.2. I have a road dataset that I want to use as a Network Dataset in Network Analyst. I want to be able to set the elevation change from the beginning of the line to the end of the line.


So I can implement the elevation similar to what they have here in step 20.


The data available: Roads Dataset, 5m DEM



Answer



You can use the Feature Vertices to Points (Data Management) tool followed by Extract Values to Points (Spatial Analyst) using the elevation value from your DEM. You can then calculate the difference to obtain the change in elevation.


If you're working with an entire road dataset you might want to take a look at the image below to determine the points you want to derive from vertices.


enter image description here



No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...