Thursday 23 May 2019

Projection in QGIS - Scale bar and measurement


When I load a *.csv file (delimited text) as a layer in QGIS, the scale bar shows degrees (for example 0 to 10 degrees). When I uncheck On the fly projection and change the units for feet or meters, the units changed to feet or meters but still stay to 10. My scale bar is 0 to 10 meters wich is impossible because the area covered by the points is more than a thousand kilometers... But when I use the measurements tools, the measure seems to be good. Also, when I use the buffer tool, if I write 0.15 it shows a buffer of about 10 km?


I tryed many projections type and the only one that seems to work is WGS 84 but I want something more precise like NAD 83 / Quebec Lambert because the data are in the east of Canada (In the province of Quebec).




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...