Sunday 19 May 2019

Getting hillshade error "GDAL provider: Cannot open GDAL dataset" in QGIS?


I am using a DEM and using menu Raster > Terrain analysis > Hillshade. When I type a simple output file name "MyHillshade" and then click "OK", I get a two-part error message that says:



"GDAL provider: Cannot open GDAL dataset MyHillshade.tif: `MyHillshade.tif' does not exist in the file system, and is not recognised as a supported dataset name.


"Raster layer: Provider is not valid (provider: gdal, URI: MyHillshade.tif"


How can I repair this situation?



Answer



Make sure you set the full path. This error seems to occur when you only give gdal the name of the file.


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...